Wednesday, January 5, 2011

SD GP01FB


Here's another finished kit which took me about... 3 months plus. Yeah. Most of it was spent not working on the kit due to other commitments, but here it is!




The GP01FB, like its normal counterpart, appeared in the OVA 0083 Stardust Memory. It was a midseason upgrade of the GP01, when it got trashed due to not being configured for space.

Compared to the FB version, I prefer the original type, since it looks like a more awesome version of the RX-78, but I really like the shoulder armor design of the FB.


The kit was modified in a similar manner as my original version, I replaced all the limbs due to proportion problems. However, for the legs and feet I used BB Koumei Re-GZ instead of Sonken Zephyrantes. The painting was not really well done compared to the rest of the kit since the original colour of the legs and feet were navy blue, which was really hard to paint over considering I didn't have any primer.

A comparison with the original version. The original version stands taller but the FB is really supposed to be the taller one.


I love the shade of blue which I mixed on the FB. It looks softer on the eyes. But I did screw up the blue on the original version anyway, since I used Gundam marker for that.


Overall I'm glad I finally got to finish this kit, it has been hanging over my head for quite sometime now. It makes for a great display piece with its original counterpart.

I don't know when I'll get around to fixing its archenemy. I'll probably be applying similar mods but this one proves a lot more difficult to do.

1 comment:

  1. Nicely done work Man, besides the seamlines I must say the kitbashing came out great. Also nice photography. Hopefully newer projects you work more on the seams and cleanness of the kit.

    ReplyDelete